Poll - Prince Harry - Beard or No Beard for Wedding?

Will Prince Harry Keep Beard or Shave Off For Royal Wedding?

• Yes - The beard stays!

Votes: 22 36.1%
  • No - The beard goes!

Votes: 12 19.7%
  • What? There's a royal wedding on 5/19?

Votes: 19 31.1%
  • Other

Votes: 8 13.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
From the very brief interviews I've seen, seems like Harry really isn't too interested in being a future king.

I didn't even get a chance to watch the wedding yet. I'm out of town. Did DVR it but now that's like very very old news. Plus, I do know he went beard and all.

p.s. Yep, looks like my post is experiencing the double space thing :facepalm:.

Last edited:
Good God so much Royal Brit stuff on TV.
As an American i don't understand the sensation. Americans don't follow the Dutch or Jordanian royals, why the fascination with the British?

Well, I’m quite familiar with the Dutch royals!

As William and Kate keep having more babies, Harry drops even further from kingdom.
How many hunting accidents before suspicions are raised? lol

Considering the perks v duties/risks involved I think he is in about the sweet spot now.

I'm glad he kept the beard.

I watched it live and thoroughly enjoyed it. They seem to be a great couple and didn't appear nervous at all. I wish them years of happiness.

Overall, I think the business of a Royal Family is very strange. I know they are a great tourist attraction and economic boost to the UK. But I think this is an awful thing to do to real humans. Kate Middleton, Megan Markle, Camilla, Diana, etc, all knew what they were marrying into when they chose this life, AS ADULTS.

The members of the royal family had this assigned to them as newborns. They have no choice that they will be public property as they grow up and live their lives. Sure, there is wealth, privilege, nannies, education, staff and nice cars. But they give up having choices and options and the freedom to be private people.

Charles, William and now young George have this burden more than anyone farther down the line like Harry, Andrew, Edward and their children. The current royals appear to carry this off well but there have got to be a few who just don't want to participate, who don't want to be photographed and gossiped about just because of who their grandmother or parent is.

He is not a future king.

Of course I was not talking about Harry: I said “I didn’t follow the future king’s nuptials” (whose nuptials had not occurred when I posted, so obviously not about him).

Last edited:
I surprised myself by actually watching most of it. Rather nice ceremony. brought back memories of the Charles and Diana wedding, which so many viewers thought was a "fairy tale romance". I was starting my first full time engr job at the time and watched very little of that. Of course, we eventually learned there was neither romance nor a fairy tale, more like a nightmare. Hope for better for all married people, royal or not, including William (who seems to have better) and Harry.

Of course I was not talking about Harry: I said “I didn’t follow the future king’s nuptials” (whose nuptials had not occurred when I posted, so obviously not about him).
I'm sorry that I misunderstood you.

Had a lot of fun watching. My DD’s best friend came over at 5 am in her pj’s and we loved every minute of it. IMO Harry’s beard was pretty close to being shaved—a well-groomed scruffy look!

I didn’t get up early to watch but was excited to see videos and pics of the wedding. I worked in the events industry and have always loved weddings.

Totally missed this one, but enjoyed the loud festivities when newlyweds walked out of the Royal Chapel in Granada on Saturday evening.

We stopped because of the crowd plus a couple of cars outside the church. The couple paused at the door. Someone yelled something. Then some kind of chanting started and folks set off a bunch of confetti firecrackers as the couple stepped down. Then some songs/music started, and the couple was dancing in the crowd. Then another song...we moved on.

Last edited:
I'm glad he kept the beard.

I watched it live and thoroughly enjoyed it. They seem to be a great couple and didn't appear nervous at all. I wish them years of happiness.

The members of the royal family had this assigned to them as newborns. They have no choice that they will be public property as they grow up and live their lives. Sure, there is wealth, privilege, nannies, education, staff and nice cars. But they give up having choices and options and the freedom.

I think it's the other way around.
The Royal Family owns all the public property.

Back
Top Bottom