What new series are you watching? *No Spoilers, Please*

Just watched 4 seasons of Atypical on netflix. I loathe Jennifer Jason Leigh, but her annoyingness worked in this roll. It’s a dramedy.

Darn...I am in Canada and Netflix does not have it. But thanks for the heads up..so I;ll be watching for it.

Darn...I am in Canada and Netflix does not have it. But thanks for the heads up..so I;ll be watching for it.

I do wish people who post recommendations would mention what network or streaming service carries the show. I found it on Amazon Prime, but with a fee for HBO. The fee is a bridge too far for me since I already have more free stuff to watch than I have time for.

I agree. (even consider it quite rude.)

Eh, I figure a lot of folks can't remember, especially if they have a lot of services, or aren't always the one with the virtual remote.

They want to share their love for a show, and especially these days I find if hard to find good new content, so I come to this thread for recommendations.

It's not hard to google "where to stream <that cool title that I saw>" and off I go.

Eh, I figure a lot of folks can't remember, especially if they have a lot of services, or aren't always the one with the virtual remote.

They want to share their love for a show, and especially these days I find if hard to find good new content, so I come to this thread for recommendations.

It's not hard to google "where to stream <that cool title that I saw>" and off I go.

You can always just ask Alexa .....I'm finding tremendous movement on platforms and new platforms popping up constantly.

I don't have alexa or anything like that, but you're right - stuff moves from one platform to the other all the time.

I recently got a free trial to Paramount's service, only to find their network flagship Yellowstone, a paramount production, is sold to Hulu for streaming prior seasons...And something else I was half way though on amazon just went poof and now it's on brit box only. So a recommendation made WITH a service today might not work tomorrow.

I agree. (even consider it quite rude.)

The Title of the thread is What Series are you watching?, not What service are you watching it on?

Many of us do not subscribe to any of the USA streaming services. I do not. But always come to this thread to see what others are watching, then I read about them to see if it fits our liking, and then look for it. All shows are available somewhere, and are not that hard to find.

You can always just ask Alexa .....I'm finding tremendous movement on platforms and new platforms popping up constantly.

ROKU has a search function that finds TV shows, movies, etc. using your voice and then ranks them by cost in ascending order. Quite handy. But I have to pick up my remote to use it, so I can see where Alexa would be even easier.

The Title of the thread is What Series are you watching?, not What service are you watching it on?

Many of us do not subscribe to any of the USA streaming services. I do not. But always come to this thread to see what others are watching, then I read about them to see if it fits our liking, and then look for it. All shows are available somewhere, and are not that hard to find.

Me too. I live in Canada, but I come here to see what shows people are recommending. Then I do a streaming search as well as reading reviews/synopsis.

I don't consider it rude when someone doesn't post where they streamed the show from, although I imagine that would be helpful for people living in the same region.

Me too. I live in Canada, but I come here to see what shows people are recommending. Then I do a streaming search as well as reading reviews/synopsis.

I don't consider it rude when someone doesn't post where they streamed the show from, although I imagine that would be helpful for people living in the same region.

I agree, I guess some folks are just lazy. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Actually, when this thread was originally started there was only Netflix and Amazon Prime to deal with, for the most part. So that's probably why the title is what it is. A lot of the streaming services have popped up in the last few years. While I understand that some people can't or won't say where they watched something, I consider a polite decency when they do say where.

We've been enjoying Wellington Paranormal - I think on HBO max? Quite like What We Do In The Shadows.
Have so many different feeds going to our ROKU it is a search for us to find anything that we've saved or started watching.

We've been enjoying Wellington Paranormal - I think on HBO max? Quite like What We Do In The Shadows.
Have so many different feeds going to our ROKU it is a search for us to find anything that we've saved or started watching.

At first I thought that was some new Vanguard managed fund. I forgot which thread I was in.

At first I thought that was some new Vanguard managed fund. I forgot which thread I was in.

:2funny: A fund named Wellington Paranormal? :2funny: I wonder how many investors will go for it?

Just recently watched Downton Abbey for the second time. What a well done series. am in the middle of Virgin River now. I am really enjoying it. Great scenery in both series and both on Netflix.

Agreed, in our case all there series we are watching go through our "Hardware" media device. We have no idea of the actual source. So I am not being awkward when I do not include the original source, I simply do not know.

Folks have many different flavours of streaming services and devices. It is a lot more efficient for them to search their particular favorite service for specific content anyway. Not much use if someone says Netflix, if one does not subscribe to Netflix.

BTW "Gangs of London" is the current series we are watching. IMHO too much "pointless" gratuitous violence, not enough plot. The usual disclaimers, Violence, Language etc. But we will watch all of Season 1 and probably not bother with Season 2. No idea of which service streams it, maybe BritBox.

Last edited:
justwatch.com will show you what steaming service a show is on and the cost.

What new series are you watching?

Grantchester on Amazon Prime is interesting [emoji41]

We've been enjoying Wellington Paranormal - I think on HBO max?

It is on HBO Max but it is also OTA broadcast on The CW (or at least it is in Denver).

There are three seasons but only the first season (2018) is available.

Follows a group of police investigators as they track supernatural events in New Zealand; the crew look into cases of demon possession, haunted houses, and blood bank robberies.

First episode date: 2018
Network: TVNZ 2
Adapted from: What We Do in the Shadows
No. of episodes: 19 (list of episodes)

Just watched 4 seasons of Atypical on netflix. I loathe Jennifer Jason Leigh, but her annoyingness worked in this roll. It’s a dramedy.

I was just about to post that season 4 is up, I watched the first few episodes, but the last couple of nights I've been exhausted and gone to sleep early rather than stay up watching something.

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom