What We're Making

Decided I needed a mantel clock even though I don't have a mantel.

JOVGYxk.jpg

Decided I needed a mantel clock even though I don't have a mantel.

JOVGYxk.jpg

Excellent tutorial. I always enjoy your projects and always picture perfect. Thanks for taking the time to share your project builds.

I have made a few mantle clocks and wall clocks through the years. I used oak pallets for the material used. I always enjoyed making clocks.

Excellent tutorial. I always enjoy your projects and always picture perfect. Thanks for taking the time to share your project builds.

I have made a few mantle clocks and wall clocks through the years. I used oak pallets for the material used. I always enjoyed making clocks.

Thanks - At first I thought this would be my first and last clock. But I enjoyed it and would like to do more.

Pallets would be great for clocks. I need to find a good source.

This guy does excellent work with pallets. I enjoy all of his YouTube videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/EpicUpCycling

Thanks - At first I thought this would be my first and last clock. But I enjoyed it and would like to do more.

Pallets would be great for clocks. I need to find a good source.

This guy does excellent work with pallets. I enjoy all of his YouTube videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/EpicUpCycling

That is a beautiful sewing box. I used to have a storage pile of wood oak from pallets like that guy.

That clock looks great.

The video of BMoth making the wall of shelves was impressive. I was nervous just watching it.

Just installed a banquette for a client. Now her table "needs" refinishing...

Attachments

• IMG_20221114_110254667.jpg
    IMG_20221114_110254667.jpg
    335.1 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_20221114_110452152.jpg
    IMG_20221114_110452152.jpg
    179.9 KB · Views: 41
Very nice, everyone could use more storage - :)

Thanks - Your top looks very silky and smooth. That's one of the few General Finishes products that I haven't used.

I've used Arm-r-Seal too & like it for walnut. This is the second project that I have used the water based general. I like the finish much better than Polycrylic and floor finishes from the big box guys. Cost more, but the quality is very good imo. Less plasticky looking...

I use Arm-r-Seal a lot. Have used Polycrylic - I only use it on small things that could be yellowed by oil based poly. Only one coat or 2 just to give a little protection.

I did use GF's water based Enduro-Var on our entertainment center a few years ago and it turned out ok.

I only brush or wipe on now. My past attempts at spraying were a disaster.

I'm resurrecting a Craftsman table saw my wife gave me about 25 years ago. I used it a few times to cut down some plywood but that was it. I really don't know how to use it or set it up properly. So far I have sanded the cast iron top with WD40 and fine "wet/dry" black sandpaper. Still some work to do on the rest of the parts. I will soon have room in the garage to move it around once the wheels are lubed and free rolling.

This seems to be the best resource for guidance. I am on a budget so can any of the members who have experience guide me to the first accessories and blades to get started?

Cheers!

Thanks to the woodworkers here that gave me a few suggestions. I found the manual after all these years so I can disassemble, clean, and adjust the saw. Yesterday I spent a few hours cleaning the rust off the top with PB Blaster and wet/dry sand paper, degreasing it, and polishing with a layer of Minwax. Next is to read up on cleaning and adjusting. I also have watched quite a few videos on youtube. My first few projects will be to make some accessories (push sticks/pads and sled. Most of the videos for projects include uses of other tools like routers that I don't have so this will take a bit of adjusting. I should also get some eye and ear protection as well as a few clamps before I start.

Cheers!

Thanks to the woodworkers here that gave me a few suggestions. I found the manual after all these years so I can disassemble, clean, and adjust the saw. Yesterday I spent a few hours cleaning the rust off the top with PB Blaster and wet/dry sand paper, degreasing it, and polishing with a layer of Minwax. Next is to read up on cleaning and adjusting. I also have watched quite a few videos on youtube. My first few projects will be to make some accessories (push sticks/pads and sled. Most of the videos for projects include uses of other tools like routers that I don't have so this will take a bit of adjusting. I should also get some eye and ear protection as well as a few clamps before I start.

Cheers!
I can't wait to see a few of your creations. Woodworking can be an addicting hobby.

Putzing around the shop today looking for a use of the many scraps. Came up with some coasters made from maple and a tic tac toe game coaster in cherry.

Maybe a good idea for "thank you" client things...

Attachments

• IMG_20221117_133012352.jpg
    IMG_20221117_133012352.jpg
    514.2 KB · Views: 37
Those are some sweet coasters! Great way to use up some scraps. Now I know what to do with my scraps about that size. I just started some charcuterie boards out of some scraps.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 8.31.50 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2022-11-19 at 8.31.50 PM.jpg
    881.5 KB · Views: 48
Spent 2 days in knife making class. I wanted an old school hammered knife. got one. Not really fine cutlery though.

3o51zJN.jpg

That is a beautiful piece of work. Knifes are a fun project to do.

I can't wait to see a few of your creations. Woodworking can be an addicting hobby.

I can't wait either but it looks like it will take some time. The motor turns on but does not always engage the blade. If I take the belt off the motor runs smooth and no problem until I attach the blade. Then it is a bit noisy and engages the blade only occasionally. I had the condenser checked out and the motor is now in the shop to determine the problem. Without the belt on the blade spins freely and the same for the motor. (:confused:).
In the mean time I will resurrect an older miter saw and see about making a table on wheels for it since there isn't much room in the garage and I need everything to be mobile.
Thanks for the encouragement.
Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom