Financial Implications of Marrying an Asian Lady

bpp said:
Eyes?  Does my surprise reflect on my ignorance of medicine, or of unusual sexual practices?
In my case, both.

It looked like a case of conjunctivitis, only worse. He was actually off the watchbill on bed rest for three days, which oddly enough on a submarine is even more tortuous than port&stbd watchstanding.

If this young lady wants love and affection what fool would turn her down?

Attachments

• vc.jpg
    vc.jpg
    35.6 KB · Views: 103
  • vc.jpg_thumb
    28.1 KB · Views: 0
Same topic different perspective.

Japanese husbands whine as neglected Chinese brides do a runner

http://mdn.mainichi-msn.co.jp/waiwai/news/20060407p2g00m0dm026000c.html

While more Japanese and Chinese couples are tying the knot in Japan than ever before -- some 12,000 married in 2004 -- divorce rates are skyrocketing, with one in three Sino-Japanese marital unions ending in failure.

"There're absolutely loads of guys, particularly in the country, who turn to Chinese women because Japanese women wouldn't look at them. Often these guys are being pressured by their parents to hurry up and get married and the guys respond by doing so at the first chance they get, for reasons like wanting to hurry up and produce a grandchild for their parents, or to produce a son of their own to take over the family business. That's why you get 'Well, I've got the money, so I'll buy myself a Chinese bride' mentality," a member of a matchmaking club arranging international marriages tells Spa! "If they're thinking like that, there's no way the marriage could possibly work. But then, when the marriage fails, the guys blame the brokers for finding someone who wasn't right for them."

OldAgePensioner said:
If this young lady wants love and affection what fool would turn her down?

In the US, someone who does not want jail time :D :eek: :eek:

cube_rat said:
In the US, someone who does not want jail time :D :eek: :eek:

According to Google, she's 31. Vivian, that is. Not exactly jailbait. (Though I wonder how old the pictures are.)

And I still wonder how OAP stumbled across an obscure former Japanese TV star. Plus Stanley Clarke and Billy Cobham. Is he holographically spying on my life from the future?

Bpp (Johnny Walker Red, in case you're wondering.)

Bpp,
it only get's worse. Go to Catalina Ave/Ave B, in Redondo Beach and ask Mr. BJ (BJ's is his store name) what tipple of choice does Kik drink. He'll remember. In the 80's' I was a well know "hep-cat" down that way.

Got my fetish for Vivian living at Ocean Gate Towers and spending many nights with two Japanese stewardesses (JAL). Short skirts, tight thighs, I don't even know the reasons why.. The come a running just as fast as they can..

OldAgePensioner said:
Short skirts, tight thighs...

Hey man, have a  heart. I can't handle this much stimulation before breakfast.

Ha

Well, those chicks look a little under-ripe to me, too.  Getting nervous just looking at those pictures....jail bait.....where you might experience a new adventure! ("No Tyrone, I said I was bilingual , that means something different! No!").  :eek:  :eek:  :LOL:

hmmm, I dunno, she's cute, but I prefer more....exaggerated....features....hour-and-a-half glass figure...know what I mean? ;)

I 've been married to a Filipina for 19 years..Married in the PI, its been a great
marrige..I would look for someone close to your age..Of course many will marry
for the green card.That doesn't mean your marrige will fail.. Many Americans,
Canadians, Brits are retireing in the Islands..married to Filipina's and doing well.
Yes, they help their families, that's apart of the package...Its expected...take
that into consideration......A great source of info is the yahoo group, Living in
the Philippines, if your interested in a Filipina wife in the future....

katfish,
thanks. Exactly the response I was hoping for. I know most of my friends that are married to Asian wives actually respect the idea of supporting the wifes family and mainly because the wife is willing to help.

Interesting story.
I now live in Redondo Beach, married to a Thai lady. We do send money back to the familly but nothing like 10k a year thank goodness.

Some of those asian ladies make the sweetest wifes, mine sure is.

We are saving like mad to retire in 37 months. We will retire in Thailand.

Yes my first post. "hi to all"

sendbaht, great choice of names. Good luck with the retirement and living in Thailand. I have a good friend that will be retiring to Chaing Mai in about the same timeframe. His Thai wife has been very frugal with money and sends everything she earns to her elderly parents. No strings attached.

Financial Implications of Marrying an Asian Lady

I've been busy with a 1031 so I haven't had time to log on in awhile...glad to see you guys have been admiring the beauty of asian women ;)   So -- what are the financial implications of marrying one?

What do they do with the 10k?  Could they be sending it overseas to invest in real estate, for example, and getting a 60% ROI?    In the Phillipines, you can build a townhouse for a 25k investment and sell it for at least double that.   You can then roll it into 2 houses, and when they sell, maybe roll the profits over to a bigger, maybe even a vacation home with a view of the city and the lush surroundings...then, maybe, you can sell that, and buy yourself that dream island...white sand beaches...blue-green water...

Should I stop in Reno and get a hot tempered Fillipina who will run wild in SF and coause me all sorts of problems:confused:
  Well, you do need to be careful with those Fillipina women...they love buying shoes!   I just bought 6 pairs the other day!

Some of those asian ladies make the sweetest wifes, mine sure is.
Maybe Japanese, Thai, Vietnamese women are....doubt if OAP, you'll find Filipino who is one...at least my husband's never called me sweet before! :D

OAP - do what your heart tells you to do but be careful.   As a Filipino woman myself, I can honestly say that my Scotch-Irish husband and I are very happily married...together, we are working towards FIRE in 2 1/2 years.   (maybe in the Phillipines, or Costa Rica, or just stay in the US and travel the world...who knows).   But, just like all relationships, you just need to be smart about who you choose to have a life with...If you decide to be with a Filipino woman, I'm serious...be careful!!!!!!!!!!!!!  A 4% SWR isn't going to be enough to buy all the shoes she's gonna need....then again, there's my favorite -- zappos.com ;)

bearkeley,
yeah, I'm gonna be on my toes.  I know her sister and she is very nice, quiet and she does like clothes.

I've travelled in Asia a lot and have had every scam in the world tried on me.

Here's a good one:
In KL, a young guy tells me his sister is moving to Los Angeles (just where I lived).  She wanted to be a nurse but couldn't speak English very well.  SO, would I be willing to let her stay in my hotel room and practice English.

Well neither of us learned much English but we had some great anatomy lessons.

This is Mr. Bearkeley,

OAP what you need to do is find one that is UC Berkley educated with a masters from George Washington U.  Then she can support you and send money back to your parents. :D

Some filp women are warm loveing and loyal (wish I had found one of those) some will use you to come here and then take HALF and you will be supporting her and her parents for the rest of you life.

Go meet the lady, spend some time with her if you get along shack up for a while and take it from there.  

If  your'e life desire is is to have a young (my wife and I are almost the same age) Asian bride that is certainly possible but just keep in mind that she may not be after your great personally or your fabulous abs and you don't have to buy the first one you meet there are always more in Asia. :p

Take care and have fun life is good until it's bad. 8)

Cheers

My ex was a over 50 year old alcoholic when a girl's grandmother paid for him to marry a 27 year old. He hadn't met her yet when he told me how lucky she was going to be to get out of a poor county and he had already bought her two dresses at the Salvation Army store. She came and he married her but then she dumped him after he was beating her. I guess she wasn't so grateful to be saved.

Mr. Bearkeley,
As a UCLA grad, I can't go out with Berkley wimmin. That is unless they are liberal with everything.

Once dated a girl from Stanford and the sun rose AND set at Stanford. Weelll doggy, the dikun you say.

Yeah, has to be a younger one else my libido might kill one of us. But, if she dies, she dies. :D

Wow. I missed another biggie. I guess I was a little busy closing on my house.
Being a bachelor all my life, I would just be careful and take it slow. I know when I pass a store selling delicious pasteries or devilish chocolates, I want to break down and gorge myself on all the goodies then I remember obesity and cavities.
Of course, that's just me.

MJ, go ahead indulge in a beavy of Thai beauties, even maybe throw in a Chocolate Eclair to get things messy.

I've been an unmarried polygamist all my life.  I know I've had condiments, creams, iceings and bon-bons in places that need not be mentioned.

I'm getting a feeling that I might be a FIRE board loon/liberal.

But it's all good and even some up the ...

OldAgePensioner said:
MJ, go ahead indulge in a beavy of Thai beauties, even maybe throw in a Chocolate Eclair to get things messy.

I've been an unmarried polygamist all my life. I know I've had condiments, creams, iceings and bon-bons in places that need not be mentioned.

I'm getting a feeling that I might be a FIRE board loon/liberal.

But it's all good and even some up the ...

I must admit that I am a bit envious of the lifestyle you have already experienced.
We definitely need more liberal/loons in this world. They'd be a lot safer than some of the radical and conservative loons ready to kill us all in the name of .......

I kinda define the liberal vs conservative thing thusly.

A liberal would probably eschew political discussion if lying on a 1000 count percale sheet with Vida Guerra all smeared with..... well, hell, smeared with goat's cheese.

A conservative would be defending Bush, Delay and Cheney even if in the similar situation with Harry Connick, Jr.

Go figure.

Back
Top Bottom