RIP Eddie Money

Plantman

Recycles dryer sheets
Enjoyed much of his music over the years and saw him in concert. He was diagnosed with esophageal cancer a few weeks ago but passed as a result of complications of a heart valve replacement procedure. He was only 70.

Both of his health problems are very serious.

I liked a few of his songs in the 70s when I was in high school. They were real songs. The guy was simply authentic... just a cop who got into singing.

In recent years, he has been very authentic about his struggle and triumph over alcohol abuse. Alcohol is really hard on the esophagus. And then there is the smoking and cocaine that can be hard on the heart...

But never mind. He was just real, and I'll always appreciate that from him. I never saw his TV show, but heard a few radio interviews, and they seemed like the least amount of BS I've ever heard from stars of his era. All the rest would fill their interviews with BS. Not Eddie. RIP, sir.

Good guy. Liked his music.
One of his lead guitar players performs children's entertainment shows in my area.

I have danced to his voice more times I can remember. I enjoyed his music more than many others, and I hope he died realizing the joy and fun he brought to so many. I'm going to a dance next week-end that will honor his music.

Isn't that what we all hope? That we have meant something to someone.

He meant alot of happy times to me.

Last edited:
Sad news. When CDs were first getting popular back in the mid 80's, his was one of the very first that I bought.

Probably not the performance he wanted to remembered for but this always brings a smile to my face. Loved his music!!

One of my bands plays Two Tickets to Paradise. It's always a crowd favourite.

I was not a big fan but DW dragged me to a show a dozen years ago. Such a great performer I was a fan half way into the show. He had a great sense of humor on stage and you could tell he respected his fans. It was a $10 a ticket show at a county festival, but he played and sang as late as the law allowed with gusto.

Reminds me of Jesse Winchester, another musician who died of esophageal cancer at a relatively young age (69) in 2014.

Probably not the performance he wanted to remembered for but this always brings a smile to my face. Loved his music!!

This performance was the first thing I thought of.
RIP

Latest posts

Back
Top Bottom