Baseball 2016

The Cubs will probably throw Hendricks, Lester, and Arrietta at the Indians before putting Chapman in

I'm glad you didn't add Lackey. I admire him as a bulldog but the thought of him in makes me more nervous than I already am.

Cueto pitched a CG in game 2 last year.

I could see Chapman coming in early like I thought he was going to be used yesterday, to get a key out or two against the middle of the lineup. Then they could start the next inning with Lackey or Lester. Arrieta threw a lot more pitches (102) yesterday than Chapman has in the last 3 games. I don't see him coming in before any of those others, plus Montgomery. Though, maybe to get an out.

The Cubs will probably throw Hendricks, Lester, and Arrietta at the Indians before putting Chapman in

Lester, for sure; the usual timetable would have him throwing a few pitches anyway. Arrieta? Not sure since he just pitched yesterday. That said, apart from Montgomery against some lefties for a short time I don't know that Maddon wants to trust anyone in his bullpen right now.

It's becoming increasingly common for the Game 5 starter to be the reliever between the starter and the closer in a Game 7. Especially since on most pitching staffs, the Game 5 starter was also the Game 1 starter, AKA your "ace". Cleveland is changing it up this year but they have that luxury with a deep bullpen that allows the starters to be pulled sooner and with fewer pitches.

Lester, for sure; the usual timetable would have him throwing a few pitches anyway. Arrieta? Not sure since he just pitched yesterday......

The talk of Arrieta pitching came from Jake himself in the post game interview. Unlikely, but if Jake says he can throw and Maddon thinks he can, then it wouldn't surprise me if he came in for an inning.

Go figure. Baez with 2 errors and a homer.

I think the ideal for the Cubs now would be Hendricks for 6-7 innings, Lester for 1-2, and Chapman in the 9th. But this is the WS and quick hooks are the norm.

Speaking of quick hooks.... I feel like this one may bite Maddon in the butt. ONE walk and you take Hendricks out after 4 2/3? Stupid baseball, IMO. And I think Maddon is one of the best managers in the game. They all do this stuff in the WS.

Speaking of quick hooks.... I feel like this one may bite Maddon in the butt. ONE walk and you take Hendricks out after 4 2/3? Stupid baseball, IMO. And I think Maddon is one of the best managers in the game. They all do this stuff in the WS.

Seems like he's reading Tito Francona's book, and trying to duplicate. Cub's may have enough talent to save him.

Sent from my XT1254 using Early Retirement Forum mobile app

Hendricks was still in control, I also thought he should be left to finish the inning, allow Lester to start fresh.

Go figure. Baez with 2 errors and a homer.

Bizarro World. I don't follow the game that closely, but to me, those were tough balls to field, is that really an error, or just a bit of not so great ball handling?

But the homer was sweet! It does look like they have learned to face these pitchers a bit better.

-ERD50

I have no dog in this fight but this is some exciting ball game.

7th game, two teams not in the series in so long, and.... tied 6-6 going into the 9th!!!! You couldn't script it any tighter than this!

-ERD50

No zip on Chapman's pitches. Maddon pitched him too long yesterday, and didn't stay with Hendricks long enough today. And then doesn't bunt with Heyward. I'm not getting a good feeling here.

No zip on Chapman's pitches. Maddon pitched him too long yesterday, and didn't stay with Hendricks long enough today. And then doesn't bunt with Heyward. I'm not getting a good feeling here.

Me either.... :( I almost can't watch! -ERD50

+1.

Maddon definitely outsmarted himself game 6 by taxing Chapman and she should not have took out Hendricks so soon. I feel sick.

Zobrist has hit well all series. He looks so serious up there. Ain't over yet. More runs would be great.

Holy Cow! 2 runs gained in the top of the 10th, bases still loaded, and only ONE out!!!!

Can they hold them? :eek:

-ERD50

Good series and a dramatic conclusion. Congrats to the Cubs fans!

Back
Top Bottom