RIP Porter

brewer12345

Give me a museum and I'll fill it. (Picasso) Give me a forum ...
We had to euthanize our 14 YO beagle, Porter. He was diagnosed with stage IV lymphoma a year ago and had 11 1/2 months of high quality of life on chemotherapy, but he went downhill quickly in the last month. It was time to let him go. Porter was our constant companion, always gentle and always a loving family and pack member. We will miss him always.

Attachments

• Home.jpg
    Home.jpg
    423.4 KB · Views: 12
  • May-Aug 2003 134.jpg
    May-Aug 2003 134.jpg
    550.2 KB · Views: 8
  • May-Aug 2003 012.jpg
    May-Aug 2003 012.jpg
    584.9 KB · Views: 5
  • March - early May 2004 024.jpg
    March - early May 2004 024.jpg
    640.1 KB · Views: 7
  • March - early May 2004 086.jpg
    March - early May 2004 086.jpg
    376.7 KB · Views: 10
Love the last picture.

RIP Porter

DD

Sorry Brewer. Porter was a good looking Pup. It is coming up for my old St Bernard Brandy and I am not looking forward to it.

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Brewer. Your kids must be devastated.

I'm sorry for your loss. We had many beagles when I was growing up - I don't think many people appreciate what a great dog they are. I hope he's chasing rabbits in dog heaven.

Condolences to you, DW and the kids. It's a very tough thing, even though you're sure (in your head and your heart) that it is right thing.

Best wishes.

What a good dog Porter was. I can't imagine how much you will miss him. So sorry, Brewer.

I'm very sorry for your loss. I can tell from his photos that Porter was a happy and much-loved dog.

What a sweet looking dog - - love the photos.

I'm so sorry, Brewer. It's a tough turn of events.

I had two yorkshire terriers since they were pups....brothers from the same litter. I needed to have one put down two years ago also for lymphoma. He was nine yrs old. The remaining yorkie is fine, but we miss his brother everyday.

These little lives count on us to make good decisions on their behalf....even the tough ones. I'm sorry for your loss.

My condolences Brewer. Losing a pet is always a heart breaker.

I hope the kids are doing OK with the loss Brewer. My son's smooth collie is near the end and I'm concerned my grandkids are going to be very upset but it's hard to know what to do to prepare them. The oldest, with cerebral palsy, is just absolutely bonded to the dog. It's gona be tough......... and I'm sure it's tough at your house right now.

Sorry to hear that. It is always sad to lose a family member but you gave Porter a good life.

We had to euthanize our 14 YO beagle, Porter. He was diagnosed with stage IV lymphoma a year ago and had 11 1/2 months of high quality of life on chemotherapy, but he went downhill quickly in the last month. It was time to let him go. Porter was our constant companion, always gentle and always a loving family and pack member. We will miss him always.
Sorry about this Brewer, I know you and your whole family loved him and gave him a good life.

Ha

Sorry for your loss, Brewer. I had a beagle growing up, and they are one of the greatest companions a man (or kid) could have.

I am so sorry you lost your dear, wonderful Porter. Thank you for sharing the pictures. I can tell how loved he was.

Back
Top Bottom