What did you do today? - 2023/2024 version

Had an AM dr. appointment to get another needle injection in my back for the pain, this time on the left side. Made me a bit nervous for a few hours as I was partially numbed on my left leg, it felt a bit like partial paralysis, which of course makes one a tad nervous. I had to hang on to stuff to make it from the garage to the house without falling. But it went away in a few hours. (Where's the "big sigh of relief" emoticon?)

The cool thing is, for the first time in many years, I have no back pain! None! Zero! Yay! :dance::dance::dance:

Fantastic! What a great result! :dance::D:dance: That doc sounds like a "keeper". :)

Had an AM dr. appointment to get another needle injection in my back for the pain, this time on the left side. Made me a bit nervous for a few hours as I was partially numbed on my left leg, it felt a bit like partial paralysis, which of course makes one a tad nervous. I had to hang on to stuff to make it from the garage to the house without falling. But it went away in a few hours. (Where's the "big sigh of relief" emoticon?)

The cool thing is, for the first time in many years, I have no back pain! None! Zero! Yay! :dance::dance::dance:

Sweet. :dance:

Don't go getting carried away now. :cool:

How wonderful for you!

Toyota dealership called a couple of days ago. It seems the pickup I ordered the end of 2022 isn't going to make it. The color I ordered has been dropped for the 2024 model. I have to pick a different color and verify that the remaining items are the same. That will be a fun task for next week. If this resets my order to the bottom of the list, I may get a 2025 model!

Well, it's been a fun time here. The newer, smaller, house is pretty much set up inside but I still have many boxes to deal with. Where did all this stuff come from?

Before I called the movers, I got rid of about 1/2 of our collection of stuff. Now that process will continue.':facepalm:
Garage boxes1.jpg
Garage boxes2.jpg

Wow, Captain. That is great that you saved his life. You were his guardian angel that day.

My grandson’s school had “invite someone special to lunch at school” today and he invited me. I brought sushi for both and we had an excellent lunch together. The day could not be any better.

Good memories.

Welcome to your new home, aja8888. Now the fun begins, more putting away and purging!.

Today, I woke up a bit stiff, but have. not taken any valium since yesterday morning. I think the back spasms are just about done. whew. Keeping up with the stretching and PT starts later.

Welcome to your new home, aja8888. Now the fun begins, more putting away and purging!.

Today, I woke up a bit stiff, but have. not taken any valium since yesterday morning. I think the back spasms are just about done. whew. Keeping up with the stretching and PT starts later.

Thanks, I am purging for sure.

Good luck with the back issues.:)

I used my new cast iron 8x8 square pan for the first time two days ago. Factory seasoned, and I put another couple of coats of avocado oil on it before I used it. Looked good.

DW does the dishes, and I found the nicely seasoned pan clean in the dishwasher[emoji17]. I'll be done seasoning by tomorrow.

Well, it's been a fun time here. The newer, smaller, house is pretty much set up inside but I still have many boxes to deal with. Where did all this stuff come from?

I've noticed that there's nothing like moving to make one realize just how much "stuff" has been accumulated while living in a given location.

Yesterday a new paint sprayer that I'd ordered from Amazon arrived, the Graco Ultra handheld and of course I had to try it out. The project was a small unfinished wood footstool that we've had for 15+ years, purchased originally to help FIL get into the pickup truck. So I sprayed on a coat of primer, did a quick wipe with some 220 sanding sponge, and sprayed it with a Behr bright yellow gloss latex enamel, originally bought for the cowling on a model airplane. But I figured bright yellow was a good color for a footstool to make it visible. Even after thinning the maximum allowed the stuff had the viscosity of thick pancake batter and I wasn't sure what was going to happen, probably a big mess. Somewhat surprisingly it sprayed well! Kudos to Graco for making a sprayer that will spray paint that thick!

Then I decided to try and clean up some of the overspray mess I'd created in the basement during spray painting the basement doors, the Craigslist cabinet, and finally the footstool. Looking up online I was surprised to discover that I might be able to get away with just scrubbing with water and dish detergent and it would clean up. Much to my amazement, it mostly did! I'd envisioned having to use all kinds of methel-ethel-bad-stuff that required turning off all the pilot lights, evacuating the neighborhood, having the fire department on standby and wearing full body hazmat gear. Nope, just plain ol' soap and water. Who knew? I didn't get all of it but this will be a lot easier than I'd thought it would be. I used a garden hose connected to the utility sink and the shop vac in full water mode to pick up the water. Worked a charm.

DW warned me, but would I listen? Nah. Remember that back pain I was so ecstatic to to be relieved of yesterday? It's baaaaccck.:facepalm: So I guess I'll be taking it a bit easier the next couple of days.

I've noticed that there's nothing like moving to make one realize just how much "stuff" has been accumulated while living in a given location.

Yesterday a new paint sprayer that I'd ordered from Amazon arrived, the Graco Ultra handheld and of course I had to try it out. The project was a small unfinished wood footstool that we've had for 15+ years, purchased originally to help FIL get into the pickup truck. So I sprayed on a coat of primer, did a quick wipe with some 220 sanding sponge, and sprayed it with a Behr bright yellow gloss latex enamel, originally bought for the cowling on a model airplane. But I figured bright yellow was a good color for a footstool to make it visible. Even after thinning the maximum allowed the stuff had the viscosity of thick pancake batter and I wasn't sure what was going to happen, probably a big mess. Somewhat surprisingly it sprayed well! Kudos to Graco for making a sprayer that will spray paint that thick!

Then I decided to try and clean up some of the overspray mess I'd created in the basement during spray painting the basement doors, the Craigslist cabinet, and finally the footstool. Looking up online I was surprised to discover that I might be able to get away with just scrubbing with water and dish detergent and it would clean up. Much to my amazement, it mostly did! I'd envisioned having to use all kinds of methel-ethel-bad-stuff that required turning off all the pilot lights, evacuating the neighborhood, having the fire department on standby and wearing full body hazmat gear. Nope, just plain ol' soap and water. Who knew? I didn't get all of it but this will be a lot easier than I'd thought it would be. I used a garden hose connected to the utility sink and the shop vac in full water mode to pick up the water. Worked a charm.

DW warned me, but would I listen? Nah. Remember that back pain I was so ecstatic to to be relieved of yesterday? It's baaaaccck.:facepalm: So I guess I'll be taking it a bit easier the next couple of days.

That's quite a nice looking spray gun there Walt! :cool:

I'd call that a BTD spray gun. Woot!

Installed roof rack rails on my car. Had to do some custom hardware involving a hacksaw to get it to fit, but now it does and should be useful for moving things more than 4 feet long.

Then a car ride up the mountains on Hwy 155 which re opened a couple days ago after months long closure. Must return on 2 wheels soon! :D

Been selling lots of good-quality U.S. farmland in your favorite flyover states recently. Demand remains strong despite the recent remarkable rise in U.S. interest rates. It seems that rural farmers are still able to get loans. Despite the online chatter I haven't sold any farmland to "investors". All of my sales (well into 8 figures) have been to local folks who want to work the land.

I notice that list prices have fallen about 10% in a flyover state suburban community where I sold a residence in June 2022 out of an estate. It may be that young dreamers who want to move to the 'burbs to start reproducing are having trouble getting loans. Back in '91 I was (almost) penniless but managed to get a loan at 7.75% for my first house in the Chicago 'burbs. Today's young 'uns shouldn't complain about current mortgage interest rates - they could be worse. :popcorn:

I used my new cast iron 8x8 square pan for the first time two days ago. Factory seasoned, and I put another couple of coats of avocado oil on it before I used it. Looked good.

DW does the dishes, and I found the nicely seasoned pan clean in the dishwasher[emoji17]. I'll be done seasoning by tomorrow.

Aaargh! DW would break my fingers if I put any of her cast iron in the dishwasher.

I am charge of caring for the old Griswold cast iron skillets in my house. They have never seen detergent.

I'd call that a BTD spray gun. Woot!

Yeah, I did at first kinda choke on the price but we don't travel, rarely eat out, we keep clothes until until the holes get too big and... well, you get the idea. Gotta spend it on something. I do have a couple of small project ideas coming up that it'll be ideal for and a main incentive was the greater flexibility in choosing spray tips that the other spray gun I have doesn't give.

Today I did some more scrubbing on the concrete floor and got almost all the overspray up. Naturally I did have some cardboard and plastic drop coverings on when I sprayed, but clearly not enough. Most of my previous spray painting, at least inside, has been model airplanes with either an airbrush or an automotive-type detail spray gun. The greater amount of overspray from this one was a bit of a surprise. I think the heavier latex paint was a factor too, as that was new to me. Won't make that mistake again!

I'm home after a 3 day 2000 mile mission to eastern Montana. I hauled an ancient Case backhoe out and a couple of Butler grain bin roofs and parts back to make gazebos.
il_794xN.2633123553_4pil.jpg

My brother went along and we had a grand time and a much needed extended visit.
We talked about building and retirement and travel, all those things and more. It truly was a priceless time.

Bow hunted in the AM stopped and checked minnow traps. I came home and mowed the lawn and moved a WYZE Cam to a different location in the back yard. Worked in garden some still picking lot of tomatoes, cucumbers, beets and cantaloupe.

We will be gone for a few days at the end of the week so got a few things done early. A long bike ride planned for after lunch. Smoke is very bad here today again. We have had countless days in over 150 rating.

I thought of you, street, as we drove by 200 on I-90 :)

That pretty cool and thanks!!! I actually was thinking a few days ago if you will be starting that new home build.

Funny that you mentioned that :)
I have the worn out rotech bearing from the 120 excavator and I seriously considered mounting it on the rotech bearing.
PXL-20220614-234140477.jpg

Back
Top Bottom