This is why we have Ring doorbell

Scrapr

Thinks s/he gets paid by the post
Last night about 11:15 pm I'm in bed about to turn over & go to sleep & the Ring app alerts me to motion in front. It's takes a minute to load so I go to the door, look out & don't see much. I step out on the porch and look both ways and don't see anything. By then the video has loaded & I see that a guy had walked up to the front door, stepped up on the sill & peeked in the door glass. For about 20 seconds.

I call the PD and then have the guy stopped & questioned in about 15 minutes. He gave them a BS story about a wrong address. He gave them an address on the other side of the highway. By the way he stepped off the 1 front step I'd guess he was intoxicated. He was kind enough to turn around & give a full body shot to the video doorbell

Took me about an hour to get settled & back to bed

https://ring.com/share/6790228254288384149

Really gets your attention, doesn't it.

I put in a Ring a few months ago and we like it a lot.

Had a motion detection last week around the same time, I was almost asleep when it went off. Nothing to be seen, but the replay showed it was the neighbor's cat.

Next morning I reduced the sensitivity on the motion detection! :LOL:

OK, from the reading of this, you would have been better off not knowing about all the folks who come to your door in the dead of night. The PD didn't arrest the guy, didn't tell you his name nor his address, didn't tell you what was in his backpack, whether he had a previous criminal record or outstanding warrants, nothing. You might as well not have recorded his actions nor called the PD.

In other news, today I had 2 people ring my doorbell. That happens about once a year. Both were legit: Neighbors.

When our Ring dings at 2am and wakes me up I'd like to just roll over and go back to sleep, however, check just to make sure it's only one of the deer families visiting again!

I like my rings (3) too. I have doorbell cam, inside cam and backyard cam. Everything always works. At home or away. I have doorbell chime too which is plugged into a wall socket and chimes when the doorbutton is triggered.

When our Ring dings at 2am and wakes me up I'd like to just roll over and go back to sleep, however, check just to make sure it's only one of the deer families visiting again!

I love that too. Esp when Big Daddy comes by.

as to what good did it do. At least the PD has a name to track down if anything hinky goes on later. Let's say I don't call PD & the guy starts nosing around other homes & backyards unfettered. Maybe we scared him off to other 'hoods

Excellent! So far ours has only caught the Amazon guy, our plumber, and our holiday guests. I don't have ours set very sensitive - We've had deer 20' from the front door and they didn't set it off.

I prefer the three dogs.

I would to, when we're there. But the cameras do a good job when we're somewhere else.

I use a wifi cam, not a doorbell. I don't know how they work, but I'm able to define the area I want the alarm to cover, as opposed to the whole range of vision. So when I look at the camera feed I see all sorts of activity, but only get alerts if someone actually comes up on the stoop.

We put night vision cameras in our attic after our raccoon infestation last year. I've got the sensitivity set pretty high. So far no new mammals, but I've gotten video of a couple of significant moths passing by.

3 rings
2 dogs
a .45
and a 12 gauge

i-see-your-schwartz-is-as-big-as-mine-gif-4.gif

Nothing like a big schwartz contest!

Nothing like a big schwartz contest!

But the word should be schwanz not schwartz.

Schwanz = penis
Schwartz = Black

Schwanz m (genitive Schwanzes, plural Schwänze, diminutive Schwänzchen n)
A tail.
(informal, mildly vulgar) a cock, a penis.
(derogatory, of a person) A prick.
Was will der Schwanz von mir?
What does this prick want from me?

Schwanz = penis
Schwartz = Black

A tail.

I always assumed Mel Brooks was trying to avoid problems with the censors.

... By then the video has loaded & I see that a guy had walked up to the front door, stepped up on the sill & peeked in the door glass. For about 20 seconds. ...

This is why I don't like glass in my front door.

I like my Ring doorbell. I have it linked in to a Samsung SmartThings hub, so when the Ring detects motion between 9 pm and 6 am, it turns on the living room and kitchen lights for 1 minute and then turns them off.

to the OP...Ring has released a new companion app called RAPID RING. it processes the live video stream much, much faster. you still use the original Ring app to view previous clips and to adjust settings.

lol

Attachments

• 62144735_2338498362909741_826575960877826048_n.jpg
    62144735_2338498362909741_826575960877826048_n.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 77

Schwanz = penis
Schwartz = Black

A tail.

That really had me confused. I was thinking - black?

You people are obviously not well versed in classic cinema.

Back
Top Bottom